[vc_single_image image=”26515″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_wp_text]
Preparing The Menu For Your Upcoming Holiday Christmas Party
[/vc_wp_text][vc_wp_text]The holiday season is the perfect period to spend quality time with family and friends. And there’s no better way to do that than over a home-cooked wholesome festive meal. Preparing a menu for an event over the holiday period, whether it is a holiday Christmas party or Christmas Day itself, can be a wonderful experience and certainly helps to get everyone in the holiday spirit.
If you have an upcoming holiday party but are unsure what to serve, don’t fret! Below, you can find the best festive vegan recipes to help you celebrate the Christmas holiday with all those that you hold dear. [/vc_wp_text][vc_wp_text]
Best Vegan Christmas Recipes To Delight Your Guests
[/vc_wp_text][vc_wp_text]Nothing says Christmas more than the smell of such festive delights as spices, roasted nuts and seasonal fruits. Is your mouth already starting to water just at the thought? Mine certainly is! If this is your idea of the perfect vegan Christmas dish, then prepare to delight your guests with a beautifully delicious seasonal menu at your holiday Christmas party.[/vc_wp_text][vc_wp_text]
Holiday Roasted Vegetables
[/vc_wp_text][vc_wp_text]Seasonal roasted vegetables are an iconic staple dish to serve your guests over the Christmas period. As festive vegan recipes go, this one will surely have your guests asking for more. Simple to make and even more delightful to eat, this is essential for all holiday menus. [/vc_wp_text][vc_single_image image=”26516″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_wp_text]
- 3/4 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2” pieces
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 c. toasted pecans
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Scatter the vegetables on a large sheet pan. Toss the vegetables with olive oil ensuring that you coat each piece and then toss with balsamic vinegar.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper before scattering herbs around the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the vegetable are tender. Make sure to shake the pan halfway through.
- Toss the roasted vegetables with pecan and cranberries (optional) and then serve to your guests.
Vegan Nut Roast
Nut roasts are a delicious addition to any festive menu and can easily be made a few days in advance of a holiday party. This simple recipe includes some Christmas favourites such as dried apricots, mixed herbs and mixed nuts. [/vc_wp_text][vc_single_image image=”26520″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_wp_text]
- 200 g red lentils
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes oil reserved, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50 g dried apricots chopped
- 200 g mixed nuts chopped
- 50 g mixed seeds
- 1½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 356F.
- Cook the lentils in water for 15 minutes and drain using a sieve.
- Heat some of the sun-dried tomato oil in your largest frying pan while the lentils are cooking. At the same time, gently fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the seasoning.
- Stir well, add the cooked lentils and stir again. Make sure that you add seasoning to taste as you stir.
- Then, line a loaf tin with non-stick baking paper and spoon in the mixture, making sure to pat down well.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 50 minutes and allow to cool slightly before removing. Then, you are ready to begin cutting into thick slices.
The holiday period is all about decadent indulgence and festive vegan recipes such as chocolate truffles deliver just that. This is the perfect festive treat for all your family and friends, especially chocolate lovers. [/vc_wp_text][vc_single_image image=”26518″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_wp_text]
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Toasted or flaked coconut to decorate (optional)
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a medium-sized heat-safe bowl. Pour the coconut milk into a small saucepan over a medium to high heat.
- Heat the coconut milk until it is just under a boil. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and allow it to sit for one minute. Then gently whisk them together until the chocolate is melted and it becomes a smooth ganache.
- Optional step: To increase the coconut flavor of the ganache, add ¼ teaspoon of coconut extract.
- Wrap the ganache in cling wrap and refrigerate until firm. This takes approximately 1 hour. Make sure that the ganache is not too stiff as you will be using this to shape the truffles.
- In a shallow bowl, pour the cocoa powder. Using a spoon and your halls, begin to form small balls from the ganache. Finish them by rolling the balls in a thin coating of cocoa powder, shredded coconut or melted chocolate, depending on your preference.
- Repeat until all the truffles have been coated. If dipping in melted chocolate, place the tray in the refrigerator to set the coating for about 15 minutes.
Holiday Vegan Eggnog
Finally, a holiday party is not complete without a festive toast. Not only will this vegan eggnog warm your stomach, but it also encapsulates the cosy, wholesome nature of the holiday season. [/vc_wp_text][vc_single_image image=”26521″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_wp_text]
- 400ml of coconut milk (any other plant-based milk can be used)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 65ml of water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- In a blender, place all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve the eggnog hot or chilled, depending on preference and have a cosy toast with guests.
The Festive Season Is Best Celebrated With Festive Vegan Recipes
[/vc_wp_text][vc_wp_text]With the right festive vegan recipes on hand, you can make sure that not only will each of your guests will be leaving with a very satisfied stomach but also, that your holiday party will start the Christmas season in the most wonderful way: surrounded by great food and great company. [/vc_wp_text]