New To Vegan Cooking?
Finding new recipes that you want to try can be difficult at the best of times. Let alone when you are trying to find recipes that are simple and delicious. If you are new to the idea of vegan cooking, it is common to feel a little confused about what to cook on a daily basis. That is where we come in.
Easy vegan recipes are out there and very simple to master. Vegan cooking is remarkably straightforward to learn and certainly delivers a whole array of tasty payoffs. Looking for some vegan recipe inspiration? Below, we list our favourite daily vegan dishes that anyone, even you, can master.
Easy Vegan Recipes: Simple, Tasty And Delightful
Building up a new repertoire of recipes that you can return to on a regular basis doesn’t have to feel like a chore. With some practice and taste-testing, you will be able to find vegan recipes you love no matter what the occasion or time of day.
Vegan Breakfast Smoothie
Starting off the day right is a top priority here at The GreenLine Market and one way we love to do it is with an energy boosting, fruit-packed breakfast smoothie. If you love smoothies, we are sure that you’ll love this one too.
2 small or 1 large
- 1 cup of almond milk or coconut milk (Whichever is your preference. The great thing is that there are many great dairy alternatives to use in smoothies)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon of agave or maple syrup
- Gather all your ingredients together.
- Slice the avocado in half (Make sure to be careful when doing this especially if using a sharp knife)
- Add the frozen blueberries, avocado, the juice of 1 lime, maple syrup and your dairy-alternative to the blender.
- Puree the ingredients until smooth.
- Then pour into your favourite glass, serve and enjoy!
3-Ingredient Vegan Pancakes
Want something exciting and decadent for breakfast? Then these healthy, simple 3-ingredient vegan pancakes certainly won’t disappoint. Not only are they to die for (Vegan pancakes have never tasted so good) but this no-fuss recipe is also comforting without skimping on flavour.
3 – 4
Ingredients for Pancake Mixture
- 3 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, raw sugar or 2 Medjool dates, pitted (optional)
- 1/2–1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or blueberries or crushed nuts, etc (optional)
Ingredients for Pancake Syrup
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of blackberries
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Place oats into a high-speed blender and process until mixture resembles flour.
- Add in the remaining ingredients until a batter is formed.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium and pour 1/3 cup of batter, using a measuring cup to ensure equal size and cooking times.
- Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles appear around the edges, then flip and cook until golden.
- Meanwhile, blend all the ingredients for the pancake syrup in a blender until smooth.
- Assemble pancakes with desired toppings and drizzle syrup all over.
- Plate up, serve and dig in
The great thing about easy vegan recipes like this one is that you can completely make it your own. Want to have chocolate chips instead of fruit as a topping? Go for it! Not a fan of maple syrup? No problem!
Regardless of your topping preferences, by using the staple three ingredients of rolled oats, almond milk and ripe bananas you will be guaranteed great pancakes each time.
Are you a fan of Mexican cuisine? Well, then these bean burritos are the perfect vegan lunch and dinner idea. The great thing about vegan and plant-based food is how versatile it really is. If you are looking for a super-simple and healthy meal option, this is for you.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 oz salsa
- ½ cup kidney beans or black beans
- ½ green onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt, pepper, cayenne
- 2 tbsp brown rice, cooked
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 tsp corn kernels
- 2 shredded lettuce leaves
- ½ medium fresh tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp red bell pepper, sliced
- If making the tortillas from scratch: Combine the flour, water and salt in a bowl and knead well. If the consistency doesn’t feel like bread dough make sure to add more water or flour if needed.
- Divide the dough into 2 even balls and roll out flat on a floured surface until it resembles a tortilla.
- Using a non-stick pan, turn it on to medium-high heat. Place your tortilla in the heated pan for up to 1 minute or until it starts to bubble and brown.
- Mash together the salsa, beans and green onions and season with a mixture of salt, cayenne and pepper for taste
- Fill each tortilla with half of the salsa and bean mixture as well as half of the brown rice, lettuce, avocado, corn, tomato and bell pepper
- Once made, place them seam side down on the frying pan and grill over medium-high heat for between 3-5 minutes.
- Enjoy with salsa, guacamole or soy yogurt.
Vegan Fried Rice
Looking for a vegan fried rice recipe that you can make over and over again? We’ve got just the one. This 10-ingredient fried rice is packed full of vegetables, crispy baked tofu and lots of flavours. Serve as either a side dish or the main course.
- 1 cup of tofu
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- ½ cup of peas
- ½ cup of finely diced carrots
- 3 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 – 3 tbsp of organic brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 – 2 tsp of chilli garlic sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wrap tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and press out the liquid
- Dice tofu into ¼ inch cubes and bake for 26 – 30 minutes.
- Prepare your rice by bringing 12 cups of water to the boil. Boil on high uncovered for 30 minutes, then strain and return to pot removed from the heat. Let steam for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by adding the tamari or soy sauce, peanut butter, maple syrup, chilli garlic sauce and toasted sesame oil to a medium-sized pot. Whisk to combine.
- Add tofu to sauce and marinade for 5 minutes
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, put in the tofu and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until golden brown. Add all the vegetables to the pan and saute for 3 – 4 minutes, season with 1 tbsp of tamari sauce.
- Add cooked rice, tofu and remaining sauce to the pan and stir.
- Serve immediately with as much chilli garlic sauce as preferred.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Many people believe that once you lead a vegan lifestyle that means having to say goodbye to delicious after-dinner treats. But that is completely untrue and this recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies will prove why.
- ½ cup of coconut oil (make sure that it is not melted)
- 1 and ¼ cups of light brown sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 and ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 cups of vegan chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Add in the coconut milk and applesauce and continue to whisk
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Once done, fold in 1 and ¾ cups of the vegan chocolate chips
- Scoop three tablespoon-sized amounts of the dough onto the parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are golden and centres have set. Press remaining chocolate chips on top of cookies and sprinkle with sea salt (optional)
- Cool cookies for 15 minutes before serving
Mastering The Vegan Lifestyle: Great Meals Help
Mastering the vegan lifestyle all comes down to finding the right food and with easy vegan recipes, it is just that…easy! Whether you are new to veganism or are just looking to find some fresh dish ideas, the recipes above are sure to delight.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Amazing giveaways, healthy living ideas and better brands.